Prepaid Currency Card
The CASH PASSPORT Prepaid Currency Card is the smart way to carry money abroad. Accepted worldwide, it combines the security of traveller’s cheques with the convenience of debit or credit cards. And, its available instantly in branch for added convenience.
Available in three currencies – Euros, US dollars and British pounds. Here’s why it pays to take a card on your travels.
- Round-the-clock global assistance service. You can call up 24/7 for free replacement cards and we’ll even replace your cash up to your available balance and help with any problems.
- Free emergency second card. You can even request an additional card in case you lose one or it’s stolen or if you wish to keep a spare back in your room or safe.
- It’s easy to use. It’s free to load money onto your card in a branch and at any time of the day or night by phone or online. (GBP loads subject to 2% fee, Min £3) This means no more worrying about carrying money or queuing at hotel receptions and bureau de changes to cash cheques. Plus, the exchange rates are fixed at the time you load your card, so there's no need to worry about what rate you will be paying.
- Your money is safe. The card isn’t linked to your bank account, so you’ll know your finances are secure. It’s Chip and PIN features offer peace of mind when travelling overseas.
- Enjoy complete control of your holiday budget. You can easily check your balance and any recent transactions at any time by visiting www.cashpassport.com and registering your card at My Account. Register your mobile number and you’ll also receive text alerts if your balance falls below £100 or the equivalent currency amount.
- Reloadable and flexible. Top up your card via the telephone from anywhere in the world. Your card is valid for up to 5 years (subject to your card limits) so can be used again and again.
This product is available to existing customers only. Terms and Conditions apply. Some ATM operators also impose their own limits on the amount that can be withdrawn over a specific time. Please note that extra cash machine fees may be charged by certain cash machine providers. The CASH PASSPORT Prepaid Currency Card is issued by Yorkshire Bank PLC, pursuant to license by Mastercard International. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.