Using personal information
Yorkshire Bank is a trading name of Clydesdale Bank PLC, which is a member of the National Australia Bank Group (the “Group”). The Group (which is referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) includes National Australia Group Europe Limited, each subsidiary or holding company thereof from time to time, and each subsidiary from time to time of any such holding company. A complete list is available on request.
Yorkshire Bank will share information about you with other members of the Group. The following sections explain in more detail how and for what purposes the Group will use your personal information.
We currently may hold personal and financial information about you and may obtain or receive such information about you in the future. The information we process about you will be obtained from various sources including:
- Directly from you;
- From your dealings with any member of the Group including from the transactions and operation of your accounts and services;
- From other organisations including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies; and
- From persons who know you including joint account holders and persons with whom you are financially linked in the context of a particular product.
For our internal operational reasons we may link information concerning your accounts with us to information concerning other products and services we provide to you. We may also link your information to that of other individuals with whom you are financially associated. Such information may also include sensitive personal data, such as information relating to your health, or criminal convictions or proceedings. However we only hold such data where we need to for the purposes of the product or services we provide to you or it is in our normal course of business to do so; for example, insurance products.
Uses of your information
We will use your information:
- To operate and administer the products and services we provide to you;
- To assess the suitability of our products and services for you;
- To analyse the operation of your accounts and services and your purchasing preferences;
- To make credit decisions about you which may involve credit scoring;
- To develop, improve and market our products and services generally;
- For the prevention of fraud and money laundering;
- For market and product analysis purposes; and
- For debt recovery purposes.
We may also use your information for system testing purposes.
We will treat all your information as confidential and will not give your information to anyone except where:
- We are permitted to do so by law;
- We have a public duty to disclose the information;
- We need to do so to comply with the requirements, codes or recommendations of any of our regulators;
- We have your consent (which is not necessarily required to be in writing);
- It is necessary for the performance of any product or service that we provide to you; or
- We have transferred any of our rights or obligations to another party.
Fraud prevention agencies
If false or inaccurate information is provided by you or on your behalf, if we suspect fraud or if fraud is identified, details will be kept in our records and also passed to fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention which may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; or
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. If you would like details of the agencies from which we obtain and record information about you, please write to: Central Refer Unit, 20 Merrion Way, Leeds, LS2 8NZ.
Provision of services and transfer of information
From time to time we will engage service providers, agents and subcontractors to provide services. They will have access to, and will process, your information on our behalf to provide such services. We are a Global Group. We may need to transfer your information abroad to other Group companies, service providers, agents and subcontractors in countries where they may not have data protection laws providing the same level of protection as those in the European Economic Area, such as Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
In each of the above circumstances, we will ensure that your information is processed only in accordance with the applicable legislation and under strict obligations of confidentiality.
We may contact you by post, phone, fax, e-mail, SMS text or other reasonable means to inform you about products and services supplied by ourselves or selected third parties that we consider may be of interest to you. We will not pass your information to anyone outside our Group for their own marketing purposes. You can inform us at any time if you do not want to receive marketing information.
Changes to your information
We wish our service to meet your expectations on all occasions. To do so we need the information we hold about you to be accurate and up to date. Please help us by informing your branch promptly of any changes to your personal circumstances or details.
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you on payment of a fee. For further information on your rights under the Data Protection Act, you can contact The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or visit www.ico.gov.uk (opens in a new window)
Term Deposit Disclaimer
The use of the Internet and transmitting information to or from Yorkshire Bank's site may not be secure from access by third parties and therefore such information may not remain confidential or private. Yorkshire Bank shall not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damage suffered by you or any other person as a result of the loss of confidentiality or privacy of such information
I/We confirm I/we have read and consent to the uses and disclosures of my/our personal information as detailed in the use of information section above. I/We also agree to be bound by the above Term Deposit Disclaimer and the Rules of Use set out in this site.
Where I/we have provided information about another individual or individuals, I/we confirm that each individual has authorised me to disclose their information. I/We further confirm that they agree to the searching and/or recording information about them with Fraud Prevention Agencies.
Please pay attention to clauses 2.2 & 2.8 of the terms and conditions regarding the withdrawal criteria, if there is anything that you don't understand please contact us for clarification.
Please note: If you think you will require access to your deposit during the fixed term, this product is not suitable. Please contact your local branch or visit our website for further information regarding the products available.
I/We understand that withdrawals are not permitted from this Account during the Fixed Term.