Currency Risk Management
For corporate and commercial customers with a defined exchange rate risk appetite and experience of foreign currency exchange transactions, Currency Risk Management offers flexible, tailored solutions to manage your foreign exchange risk.
Currency Risk Management could help protect your business by hedging notional currency exposure. Solutions offer flexible maturity dates and premium based or zero up-front premium structures.
Please be aware that there are certain foreign exchange and currency, interest rate and commodity products offered by Treasury Solutions that may prevent, either in part or full, the opportunity to benefit from any favourable changes in the underlying market.
Trading of a speculative nature is strictly prohibited.
- Certainty – against adverse currency movements beyond defined rates, with the option to benefit from certain favourable rate movements
- Choice – gives greater flexibility than dealing in foreign exchange forwards
- Flexibility – can be tailored to match your currency view
- Optional – no credit facility required for some products
Currency Risk Management may affect the currency exchange rates you pay adversely and may not be suitable for your business circumstances. You should always be aware of and consider the circumstances in which it would cause your business to pay worse currency exchange rates than the prevailing market rate.
- Minimum deal size £100,000.
What it costs
- For some products a break cost, which could be significant, may be payable if you seek to break the terms of the contract
- An up-front premium may be due for certain products, dependent on the size, term and type of structure. There are also some zero up-front premium products available, which build in additional charges to the foreign currency rates you pay.
- Usually for up to 2 years although longer periods can be provided
- Credit line required for zero up-front premium based structures subject to status. Ask Treasury Solutions manager for details
- Further information is available on request.
- Foreign Currency Current Account
- Spot Foreign Exchange
- Forward Foreign Exchange
- Foreign Exchange Swaps