Count Me In Web Game
- earn pocket money and choose when and where to save or spend it
- understand the concept of budgeting
- realise that financial decisions have an impact on their success.
What's the game all about?
- It's all about money, money, money!
- It's about earning money, saving money and spending money.
How do I get money in the game?
- Use the map to visit places around town.
- You can earn money by doing chores at home.
- You can earn interest by keeping some of your money in the bank.
- You can win or lose money by playing the games at some of the other places on the map.
What should I do with my money in the game? That's up to you!
- You get the chance to create three characters.
- When you start the game, your character is pretty basic.
- You have to buy their clothes, their shades, their hats - everything.
- Make them look however you want them to look.
- You can also buy and win stuff to decorate your character's bedroom.
- But all of that costs money.
So how do I win at this game?
- It's not about winning and losing - it's about making your own choices.
- There's no right and wrong way to play this game.
- You could try to get more money in your bank account than anyone else
- You could buy more stuff for your character than anyone else
- You could get more stuff for your bedroom than anyone else
- Or you could just hang out in the town, play some games and spend some money.
Try doing different things with your different characters and see how it makes a difference to your money. The game supports the Key Stage 3 curriculum and will support the new financial literacy curriculum that is being developed for secondary schools. To sign into the game you will be asked for your Library card number and PIN this can be obtained from any library in Leeds.
Count Me In online game (opens in a new window)
Please note: You will not be asked to input any personal data into this site and the only information will be your library card number and PIN as detailed above.